After further analysis following Premier League protocol, two players - whose names will not be disclosed due to medical confidentiality - returned false positive tests for COVID-19 on Friday. Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne said on Wednesday that, having had Covid, he was still adapting because "I do two or three sprints and feel it". Now for sure we are a bit scared. But while the Premier League season-opener went ahead in England even when multiple first-team players were ruled out, in Scotland the story has been very different. "Instead we are talking about the people that have Covid.". "I think this is a serious problem. Tottenham: Two Spurs players test positive for coronavirus following international break Both men, who trained with the group on Thursday, were shown to have contracted Covid-19 after. Both games were originally targeted for the second half of the season. We know that each moment, it is becoming harder for them. This wouldn't be the first time the Premier League has seen COVID-19 affect teams, with Manchester City recording four positive tests last December which forced their trip to Goodison Park to face Everton to be rearranged. Mateo was in training yesterday with a big smile and was pure pleasure to have him back, said the Chelsea boss. Last week, seven positive tests were reported. There is even the possibility of that list expanding with Thursday's Premier League game away to Leicester City -- who had to leave seven players behind for their Europa League match against Napoli due to their own COVID-19 outbreak -- now up in the air. Derrick White, Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassell and Thaddeus Young have all apparently tested positive for COVID-19. Me? The Tottenham Hotspur players celebrate one of their goals against Norwich City. But he tested positive today for Covid and is isolating., Souness says he 'owes 100 apologies to people' after stepping down as Sky Sports pundit, Casemiro gets into heated argument with Bruno Fernandes after Man United win, Jadon Sancho tells Bruno Fernandes to 'stop moaning' after Man United star hit out, Man United fans demand 'full sale only' as anti-Glazer protest takes place, New footage shows Ryan Garcia telling trainer why he didn't continue vs Gervonta Davis, Canelo KO'd me and I've sparred Tyson Fury but neither pack a punch like 'The Bomber', Haye made stunning comeback when he left opponent sprawled on canvas after vicious KO, Inside Luton's mad away end that includes entrance in someone's back garden, OnlyFans boxer Brooke tries to kiss opponent at weigh-in after tipping scales in bikini, Influencer 'banned for two years' after disqualification for five punches on KO'd opponent, 'He's dead to me' - Everton fans fume at video of Anthony Gordon after Newcastle win, Conor McGregor brags about latest achievement from Bel-Air mansion with advice for fans. Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thursdays European clash is set to go ahead, though, as UEFA rules stipulate that matches can only be postponed if a club has fewer than 13 players, or no goalkeeper, available. A visibly concerned Antonio Conte said he and his Tottenham squad were scared to come into work as a COVID-19 outbreak rips through the squad. If we could, we would repeat the same XI [as against Villa] because thats the best way to start something. Antonio Conte put the number at eight first team players and five members of staff in a press conference yesterday, Ancelotti on Giannis: 'I think in 100% the same way', Everton vs. Leicester City picks, prediction, odds, Arsenal women in action on CBS Sports Golazo Network, Here We Go: Chelsea look to make even more signings, How to watch, live stream: Bologna vs. Juventus. They had their game against Fulham postponed. Tomorrow we don't know what will happen.". Tottenham are up to fifth in the Premier League and have a tricky fixture list coming up, including Liverpool on December 19. Conte did not reveal whether the club will contact the Premier League about Sunday's game at Brighton over a possible postponement. 1 min read. "Spurs themselves have been involved before. They will take into account medical advice and whether or not the virus has been contained or not. At the time, Mikel Arteta expressed his surprise that the game did go ahead because Arsenal had around four positive cases, but we also know Arsenal didn't make a specific request to the Premier League to have that game postponed. The news comes after the Premier League reported 12 positive coronavirus tests among players and staff from November 29 to December 5. Spurs signed off before the international break with a 2-1 win against Aston Villa, which left them eighth in the Premier League table, just four points behind leaders Chelsea. 2:52 pm ET. Another member of staff is positive. The club has announced that it will appeal to the Premier League board to postpone this weekends match at Brighton, but UEFA regulations currently state that for European matches, clubs are expected to play if they can field 13 players from either List A or B. The Tottenham manager, like many of his Premier League counterparts, has become accustomed to welcoming back players from international duty with concerns over their readiness to play and little or no time to work with them before the following match. Sprint beef, Ferrari respite & reignited title fight | What we learnt in Baku, NFL star Watt and wife Kealia invest in Burnley | 'Wrexham success the model', PL Predictions: Goals galore in Leicester's six-pointer with Everton on MNF, Papers: Zidane keen on return to management, Nuno has not ruled out using the club's South American players on Sunday despite their late return from international duty, Nuno insists Harry Kane's dip in form at the start of the season is 'normal' and believes goals will come for the Tottenham forward. Last season, the Premier League postponed six matches because of Covid-19 cases at clubs, including Spurs' game against Fulham, which was called off on the day of the game. Maddisons going to be looking for a new club next season. It's scary. Conte, whose side have moved up to fifth in the Premier League with three consecutive wins, is not said to be one of the people who have returned a positive test. We wait to see whether they do indeed make it. Browse an unrivalled portfolio of real-time and historical market data and insights from worldwide sources and experts. Tottenham have been hit by a raft of COVID-19 cases in their first team -- Antonio Conte put the number at eight first team players and five members of staff in a press conference. After Conte had arrived at Spurs on 2. In purely practical terms scrubbing the Brighton game from their schedule adds to the complexities facing Spurs around their fixture list. Today, football.london journalist Alasdair Gold is reporting that two Spurs players have tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of Sunday's match against Newcastle United. There . But the situation is serious. Any players from both sides who were sent home from training on Tuesday or later would be unable to return to work with U.K. guidelines requiring they isolate for 10 days. Build the strongest argument relying on authoritative content, attorney-editor expertise, and industry defining technology. Antonio Conte has confirmed eight players of Tottenham's first-team squad and five staff members have tested positive for coronavirus. Harry Kane's poor form could prevent potential move to Manchester City, Harry Kane defends his brother after failed move to Manchester City, Big names under pressure at Tottenham following Conte's arrival, Conte chooses Vlahovic as Harry Kane's ideal heir at Tottenham Hotspur. Winning the competition is a trophy, but is it worth the additional crush of matches heading into the spring of 2022, with likely at least two Premier League matches already needing to be postponed? "But you always need the same support and everyone should be supportive of our players, especially our fans. Tottenham Hotspur are facing a significant headache on their fixture list in the coming weeks after the Premier League board sanctioned their request to postpone Sunday's game against Brighton in the hours after UEFA took similar steps to delay a Europa Conference League tie with Rennes. Listen below and followQu Golazo! Neville: Spurs can't afford to let Kane leave this summer, Ref Watch: 'Klopp case closed but Jota got lucky! "Arsenal against Brentford did go ahead. Sometimes he needs time. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes. Both men, who trained with the group on Thursday, were shown to have contracted Covid-19 after tests in the last 24 hours. Detroit will now play at Chicago on Wednesday and Denver will play at Cleveland on Friday, the NBA said. Gambling Problem? Thursday brings a trip to Leicester City before they host Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday. Dec 8 (Reuters) - Eight Tottenham Hotspur players have tested positive for COVID-19, leaving only 10 players available ahead of the club's final Europa Conference League group match at home to France's Stade Rennais, manager Antonio Conte said on Wednesday. All travelled to London on Friday. Leicester are without nine first team players due to COVID-19 and illness while Spurs lost the same number last week as an outbreak hit Antonio Conte's squad, his coaching staff and the. By the latter part of 2020, his name was being linked to Old Trafford as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer came under intense pressure following a humiliating 6-1 home loss to Jose Mourinho's Spurs and a . ET. Void in ONT. Tottenham's plans for Sunday's Premier League trip to Newcastle have been plunged into chaos after two players tested positive for coronavirus. "They are travelling now," Nuno said. Following a positive test in the squad earlier in the week, a total of 17 cases were reported to have been recorded among players and staff. They then have a trip to the Midlands to face Leicester on December 16. Tottenham Hotspur have been rocked by a Covid-19 outbreak in their camp and it's been reported up to six players have tested positive. The situation is serious but I dont know and its a pity because I repeat during the press conference I want to speak about football and now to speak about Covid I think this is not a good thing for you, me, our fans, for all of football I think.. "Eight players and five members of staff (have tested positive), but the problem is that every day we're having people with COVID-19," Conte told reporters. On Friday night, the club revealed two players had tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 24 hours and both must now isolate for 10 days keeping them out of the St James Park clash, the Europa Conference League match against Vitesse Arnhem and the London derby at West Ham next weekend. All European group stage matches must be completed by the end of 2021, with the club already facing a busy festive schedule leaving no obvious window to rearrange the fixture. Both players are due to be retested on Saturday, as per standard procedure. The Italian added: "Tomorrow, who? "Every day we are having contact with the people that are false negative and become positive and then everyone is a bit scared," he added. "Just realising that will happen, happens naturally as Harry is a fantastic football player, one of the best in the world. But the game happened as scheduled. News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. Tottenham have been hit by a Covid-19 outbreak ahead of Thursday's Europa Conference League match against Rennes. There a reduced numbers on site, essential staff only as they take measures to try and contain this virus outbreak.". The Spurs have remained quarantined in Charlotte, North Carolina, since Sunday's game, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Every day we are having contact with people that are false negative and become positive and everyone is a bit scared. Am I the only one who doesn't understand why the game hasn't been postponed?". "The reports that we have is that they finished their games well. The club needs to weigh the tangible rewards for playing the match and continuing in the competition with what would happen should they crash out in the group stages. "The situation is serious. The schedule and the demands of club and national team are really, really high. Antonio Conte says Tottenham have 13 positive Covid-19 cases among players and staff, Tottenham head coach Antonio Conte has questioned why his players and staff are being made to continue preparing for their upcoming matches, Transfer Centre LIVE! Craving even more coverage of the world's game? If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (CO/IL/IN/LA/MD/MI/NJ/OH/PA/TN/WV/WY), 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (KS/NH), 888-789-7777/visit ccpg.org (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), visit OPGR.org (OR), or 1-888-532-3500(VA). Washington - out due to coronavirus protocols. In November, Hibernian's Premiership games against Ross County and Livingston were postponed after two Hibs players tested positive. Being ruled out because of the protocols can suggest any number of things, including a positive test, a suspected positive test or contact-tracing data showing that a player might have been exposed to a person with COVID-19. Spurs go into that second in the group but level on points with Vitesse. A statement from the league said: "The Premier League board has taken the decision to postpone the game following guidance from medical advisers, with the health of players and staff the priority." San Antonio's affected games were scheduled for Wednesday at the Cleveland Cavaliers, Saturday at the New York Knicks and Monday at the Indiana Pacers. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: media | arena: soccer | pageType: stories | "Today we prepared the game with one player who should play, we finished the training session and this player was positive," Conte added. 2004-2023 CBS Interactive. Topics:.css-wpf514{color:#72B97D;}Tottenham Hotspur, Football, Premier League, Man United fans are baffled by Lee Grant's new role, Gary Neville claims Man Utd's Harry Kane pursuit could be over for key reason, Sky Sports have spoken to Martin Tyler over Heung-Min Son comment he made in Liverpool vs Spurs commentary, BREAKING: Graeme Souness leaves Sky Sports after 15 years as a pundit, Leeds squad slammed after footage emerges of them 'ignoring' fans as they left hotel, Virgil van Dijk had his left ankle and entire reputation shattered by Ivan Perisic's run, after their game with Burnley was postponed nine days ago due to heavy snow, BREAKING: Tottenham Hotspur replace acting head coach Cristian Stellini, 'Get out' - Tottenham players slammed for swapping shirts after 6-1 humiliation, Tottenham Hotspur grab back title of biggest Premier League bottle jobs with loss to Liverpool, Tottenham players make offer to fans that travelled to Newcastle to watch 6-1 defeat. It would have been very easy to say: 'If you come within two meters of a match official, uninvited, in an aggressive manner, you get a yellow card or get sent . This makes me for sure upset. That means that as things currently stand, the match is still on. April 28, 2023, 10:30 a.m. "We have problems but I will not say before the game.". Unidad Editorial Informacin Deportiva, S.L.U. Unidad Editorial Informacin Deportiva, S.L.U. Nuno Esprito Santos problems are mounting at Spurs with two players testing positive for Covid-19. This situation has made me very upset. Now we are a bit scared because tomorrow we don't know what will happen.". The Spurs were without guard Quinndary Weatherspoon for their game Sunday against Charlotte because of the league's COVID-19 protocols; Weatherspoon had played 10 minutes on Friday in Atlanta against the Hawks, then was flagged by the protocols over the weekend. "I don't have to send a message to anyone," said Conte. His game goes much more beyond goals, the work he does for the team is immense and really helpful. The club are understood to be confident that no other players will have to isolate having come into close contact. "So, different circumstances and different precedents set but also across different jurisdictions as well, but this week, involving UEFA and the Premier League, we'll just have to wait and see what the next 24 hours will bring because it can develop very quickly. Charlotte had three players - Caleb Martin, Cody Martin and P.J. All rights reserved. Despite the squad being decimated, the match went ahead with just nine players selected and goalkeeper Monteiro playing in midfield. All rights reserved. However, postponing league games is taken on a case-by-case basis and the decision would be made by the Premier League board if a request is received from a club. For sure this is not a good situation. Another player? They could also forfeit the match, and their place in the competition, but could face further financial sanctions from the federation according to UEFA regulations.
Dominic Cummings New Job Specsavers,
Does Elisabeth Harnois Have A Twin,
Articles W